Moderatoren: Hortensie, Eule, jules1976

Sensitive & Extraordinary Kids

Beitragvon 1753 » Sa 30. Aug 2014, 09:50

Hallo Mamas und Papas,

schaut mal:
http://www.sensitiveandextraordinary.com/

Liebe Grüße,
1753 _cre_
Wenn Du ein Schiff bauen willst, dann rufe nicht die Menschen zusammen, um Holz zu sammeln, Aufgaben zu verteilen und die Arbeit einzuteilen, sondern lehre sie die Sehnsucht nach dem großen, weiten Meer. (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

Re: Sensitive & Extraordinary Kids

Beitragvon 1753 » Sa 30. Aug 2014, 10:03

Interessante Auszüge: (echt der Hammer, auch wenn man keine Kinder hat ;-) )

"When we had our first, people always seemed to assume that we chose to complicate things; that things could be much easier if we weren’t so extreme. They said we overdid and over thought everything, and that that was unnecessary. The worst people told us we were spoiling our child the way we did things. The nicest ones said that our behavior was typical of first-time-parents, and that we would see how much more laid back we would be with our second."

"Mealtimes in our house are excruciatingly long. We could be at the table for hours at a time, try out several meals before my kids will accept one each, followed by me repeating the words “eat your food” over seven hundred times before they’ve eaten about a third of it while managing to get the other two thirds anywhere but into their mouths. My baby will magically get food in his diaper while fully dressed.

It’s a painful process most of the time, and more than just physically. Before every meal I aim to get them to eat healthy foods, finish up in under an hour, and get them cleaned up and ready to go out and do something fun. And when one fails to reach set objectives at least three times a day, every single day, it can become an emotionally draining exercise."

"I don’t know exactly know what it was that pushed me to raise my voice at my baby. Maybe it was the endless lunch we had just had. Maybe it was the fact that the next meal was right around the corner. Maybe it was me trying to establish boundaries to let him know that he needs to calm down and be more careful so I don’t have to worry about him all the time. To be honest, I didn’t think my reaction was over the top, until I realized the squealing had stopped. And that’s when I heard the most heartbreaking sound a mother could ever hear after she’s yelled at her child. It’s wasn’t the sound of angry screaming or stubborn protesting. It was much worse than that. It was the sound of silence. As soon as I’d placed him on the stool and held out his little hands under the tap, I took a look into the mirror and saw the saddest face I’d seen on him. In an instant I’d managed to break my happy little boy’s spirit which led him to whimper silently. He didn’t even try to get my attention. He didn’t even look up at me. He just stared at the water, the corners of his tiny mouth turned down, and didn’t say a word.

My heart shattered into a million pieces at this site and I immediately bent down and squeezed him. I used my absolute squeakiest voice to tell him how much I love him and how sorry I was. I covered his face with kisses hoping I could wipe out the sadness and get him squealing again. And then he did something even worse than the silent whimper. While the sadness was still clear in his eyes, he gave me a polite little smile, as if to make me feel better about myself. For about five seconds I couldn’t breathe. And when I stood back up, I saw her, right there in front of me, looking back at me from the mirror. Mean Mommy."
Wenn Du ein Schiff bauen willst, dann rufe nicht die Menschen zusammen, um Holz zu sammeln, Aufgaben zu verteilen und die Arbeit einzuteilen, sondern lehre sie die Sehnsucht nach dem großen, weiten Meer. (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

Re: Sensitive & Extraordinary Kids

Beitragvon burkhard » Sa 30. Aug 2014, 22:31

Danke.
Ich habe den Blog dazu gelesen.
Das ist passiert, bevor Mama laut wurde:
The other day, after about three hours at the table, I dug my baby out from the pile of food he was in, put him on the floor and told him it was time to wash up. Washing up, ironically, is one of his favorite “games”, most probably because it includes water and splashing and making a mess of a different nature. I should also point out that my 15-month-old is one of the cutest little people I have ever seen, so happy and active, and so easily excited. The downside to this however is that he will run and throw himself headfirst into anything without realizing that there may be dire consequences, very much unlike my Highly Sensitive four-year-old who is cautious and studies his every move. So my little bundle of joy and tomato sauce ran towards the bathroom, waving his arms and squealing from excitement. When he got to the bathroom in under three seconds, he flung himself at the sink while clumsily trying to climb up the stool. Well, I caught him in the nick of time before he fell over and hit his head on the sink and then the floor.

And then I snapped.

Um ehrlich zu sein, ich hätte mich da auch fürchterlich erschreckt und wahrscheinlich auch geschimpft. Immerhin hätte sich der Kleine ja wirklich böse verletzen können.

Das sollte aber wirklich die Ausnahme sein, wie Leila schreibt.
"Ich verspreche, innezuhalten um tief einzuatmen und bis 10 zu zählen, bevor ich "nein" sage oder meine Stimme erhebe"
Aktenleiche
burkhard

Ähnliche Beiträge

Zurück zu Nützliche links zu anderen Seiten, die sich mit HS und den damit verbundenen Themen beschäftigen